The Friend Historical Society is a 501(c)(3)qualified charitable organization. This status gives donors’ tax advantages. Contact your tax preparer for more information.
HOW CAN I HELP?
- Monetary Donation
- Gifts of Grain
- Estate Gifts
- Life Insurance
- 401K Gift Annuity
- Savings Bonds
- Memorial Gifts
- Bequests in your will
- POD Gifts
The Nebraska Community Development Assistance Act (CDAA) provides a 40% state income tax credit for contributions made to an approved project. The Friend Historical Society has an approved project. For more information contact 402-366-1132.
A qualified charitable distribution (QCD) is a distribution from a Traditional or Roth IRA made directly by the IRA trustee to a qualified charitable organization. A QCD may satisfy the required minimum distribution (RMD). Contact your tax preparer for how this could benefit you.
RECOGNIZED LEVELS OF GIVING
Opera House $10,000 +
Elevator $5,000 – $9,999
Stairway $1,000 – $4,999
Ticket Office $100 – $999
Donate to the “Move Up” Campaign
OTHER WAYS TO CONTRIBUTE
- Giving tours of the opera house
- Ushering for Historical Society activities
- Serving food at Historical Society activities
- Setting up for Historical Society Activities e.g. children’s theater/opera
- Yard work
- Furnishing cookies for activities
- Assisting at activities
- Developing event posters
- Distributing event posters around Friend and the surrounding communities